The Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) awards program was created in the United States by Ernst & Young in 1986
to honor entrepreneurs whose ingenuity and perseverance have created and sustained successful, growing business ventures.
The winner is recognized for his/her innate ability to create new products and services, transform organizations, enrich lives and contribute to
the vibrancy of national economies.
Each Year, an external panel of judges composed of leaders from the local industrial and economic sectors selects the winner who will represent Israel in the global awards ceremony in Monte Carlo together
with representatives of some 50 countries.
Former Israeli EOY winners:
2002 - Yoram Elroy, Chairman, SHL Telemedicine
- Dov Moran, Former CEO, M-Systems
- Ilan Atias and Igal Rotem, Former President & CEO, Power Desine
- Dr. Shimon Eckhouse, Founder & Chairman, Syneron
Dita and Lucien Brnicki, CEO and Chairman, Ormat
- Gil Shwed, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Check Point
2011 - Shay Agassi, Founder and CEO, Better Place
Judging panel over the years included:
· Orna Berry, Vice President and Manager of Center of Excellence for Israel, EMC Corporation
· Amnon Brody, Chairman, Al-Bad
· Shlomo Dovrat, Co-Founder, Carmel Ventures
· Dr. Shimon Eckhouse, Founder & Chairman, Syneron
· Avi Gabbay, CEO, Bezeq
· Dr. Hadas Galender, Chairman of Accounting Department, The College of Academic Studies
· Yaakov Gelbard
· Ilana Kaufman, CEO, Golf & Co.
· Ester Levanon, CEO, TASE
· Maya Liquornik, Partner, Meitar Liquornik Geva & Leshem Brandwein
· Eitan Madmon, CEO, Globes
· Yair Seroussi, Chairman ,Bank Hapoalim